Top level racing clincher with exceptional winter and wet condition performance with a Duraskin® cut-resistant layer from bead to bead and 2 extra Vectran Breakers help increase puncture protection.
Thanks to its DuraSkin anti-tear fabric, the Grand Prix 4 Season holds up under extreme conditions.
In the Paris Roubaix race, the Hell of the North, cyclists equipped with DuraSkin enhanced tyres have the fewest tyre related problems during the race. Incorporating Conti’s special wear resistant carbon compound,
the tyre is characterised by very good mileage performance as well as excellent adhesion on wet roads and at low temperatures.
- Toughness and wet weather performance make it ideal for fast Audax and all year round road racing
- A double Vectran Breaker belt under the tread raises the puncture and cut protection to the highest level available on the market
- With 23mm, 25mm, and 28mm versions, the Grand Prix 4 Season makes it possible to select the right tyre for various road conditions and comfort requirements
- The ultimate combination of speed, lightweight and wet weather performance, combined with excellent puncture and sidewall protection
- Ultra-fine polyamide casing for supple, all day performance
- Black casing with added DuraSkin sidewall reinforcement for protection against cuts and abrasion
- Black “Max Grip Silica” compound optimised for wet weather adhesion, low temperatures and extended tread life
- Ultra protective TPI of 330
Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP).
Vectran is spun from melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread.
Spider silk, like Vectran, has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight – exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bike tyre as a puncture protection insert.
A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
Continental refine newly developed synthetic rubbers with natural rubber with the proven high-performance tread compound.
They use these rubbers with special nanometric carbon soot particles, which are optimized in shape and surface properties for best uses for the intended tyre.
BlackChili Compound reaches an unprecedented of performance.
Tyres with BlackChili Compound reach an unprecedented level of performance.
Compared to the previous best Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tyres have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30 % higher friction value (grip) and a 5 % increase in mileage.
|Tyre Fabric Density - TPI or EPI Weave (Threads/Ends Per Inch):|
|Tyre Compound ✾:|